Did you know if you live in an area with reliable access to public transit, the American Public Transport Association reports that you can save over $10,000 per year on transportation costs?
There is no doubt that using public transportation can be a money saver – you usually only pay for it when you use it, and you do not have to pay anything extra for maintenance, repairs or ongoing improvements to transit vehicles (other than through your tax dollars).
Many people choose alternate transit options for other reasons, such as:
- Decreased environmental impact (lessening one’s carbon footprint).
- Increased well-being and decreased stress from driving.
- Time gained to work, read or relax.
- Decreased wear and tear on personal vehicles.
- Health benefits from walking to and from public transit stops or stations.
- Increased feeling of community from interacting with others on your transit route.
With your CSS ID you can ride the bus for free!
Want to map your route? Click here and click on the Plan and Ride on the right side of the page.
Curious what your bus stop looks like? Click on the here.